This introductory course takes place online over 3 months and focuses on understanding yourself and your close community. This will help you learn Ayurveda by establishing the basic building blocks and applying them to practical life. This course, like all of our courses, has a restricted number of participants, ensuring a close-knit community and fully interactive webinars to help you learn Ayurveda. There are 33 hours of work covered within the course, which can also be used as Continuing Professional Development (certified by The CPD Certification Service).
This course is offered 3 times a year (September, January, May).
For those who know they want more than an introduction, you can also sign up for our follow-on 66-hour Applying Ayurveda course.
This introductory Ayurveda course will encourage you to
- Better connect with yourself – Ayurveda is focussed on accepting ourselves as we are, playing to our strengths and nurturing our weaknesses (BTW, lovely Oscar Wilde quote on ‘Be yourself, as everyone else is already taken…)
- Look at your friends, family and work colleagues through the ‘dosha’ lens to enable better relationships
- Connect with nature on a regular basis, to help tune into your daily circadian rhythm as well as the season
- Prepare fresh, whole foods from organic, seasonal, local foods tailored for your dosha
- See ‘food as medicine’ and explore using some of the herbs in your kitchen spice rack to make simple home remedies for common ailments
- Tailor your lifestyle, exercise and yoga practice to your dosha
- Tread more lightly on this earth and live more sustainably by adopting Ayurvedic principles.
- Live the most fulfilled life you can! Ayurveda is not about living the perfect life, but living the best life for you.
All of The Ayurveda Academy courses include:
- A comprehensive syllabus covering everything you need to know to start applying Ayurveda’s wisdom to your daily life
- Engaging monthly content with assessments and case studies
- Knowledge direct from the classical Ayurvedic texts combined with modern interpretation, supported by research where possible
- Interactive monthly webinars focussed on breakout discussions and Q&A on content
- Access to a collaborative close-knit learning community to share ideas, practical tips and learning.
- Health diaries to enable you to record your experiences – not all advice will work for everyone so what is really best for you?
- Downloadable course materials and webinar recordings
After the Introduction to Ayurveda course, you will receive a certificate of completion, equivalent to 33 hours of CPD (certified by The CPD Certification Service).
Our Ayurveda courses are designed for
The Introduction to Ayurveda and Applying Ayurveda courses are designed for personal interest only. On completion of the conversion course, you will be qualified to help others with Ayurvedic lifestyle tweaks.
Extras included in this course
- A 50% discount for a personalised Ayurvedic assessment report to support diet and lifestyle recommendations.
How to Register
It couldn’t be simpler to register. Simply click here to book and pay for the Introduction to Ayurveda course.
This course comprises three month-long modules of 11 hours each, totalling 33 total study hours for the course. You will need to put aside 11 hours per month, 1 of which is for a scheduled compulsory live webinar and the rest are flexible to do when it suits you. To get a certificate and CPD points, you will need to attend at least 2 of the three live webinars.
The module starts by working through the manual which contains the specific detailed reading for the module. The workbook then takes you through exercises to explore deeper and reflect. You are given an independent reading assignment to widen your knowledge and allow you to develop your own interests. A 1-hour live intereactive webinar takes place 3 weeks after the start of the module for you to participate in group discussion, ask questions and make sure everything is clear. You can then check your understanding using the assessment.
Dates for upcoming courses:
If you enjoy this training, you may want to sign up for the 6-month Applying Ayurveda course. After that, you can complete our conversion course to gain an Ayurvedic Lifestyle Advisor professional qualification.
Please note that you will not be qualified Ayurvedic practitioner after the first two courses. They are designed to provide a foundation of Ayurveda for personal use and development. If you want to learn Ayurveda and gain a professional qualification, you can complete the conversion course to become an Ayurvedic Lifestyle Advisor.