This course starts on the 19th September 2022. There are only 25 places so please book as soon as you can to avoid disappointment.
Introduction to Ayurveda – The Science of Life. Learn the basic building blocks of Ayurveda.
This introductory course takes place online over 3 months and focuses on understanding yourself and your close community. This will help you learn Ayurveda by establishing the basic building blocks and applying them to practical life. This course, like all of our courses, is restricted to 25 participants, ensuring a close-knit community and fully interactive webinars to help you learn Ayurveda. There are 33 hours of work covered within the course, which can also be used as Continuing Professional Development (certified by The CPD Certification Service).
With a range of content (including webinars, PDFs, video, a community forum, health diary, quizzes and case studies) the course offers both theoretical and practical learning to bring the concept of the doshas (mind-body types) to life. All content is direct from the classical Ayurvedic texts combined with modern interpretation, supported by research.
All of The Ayurveda Academy courses include:
- A comprehensive syllabus covering everything you need to know to start applying Ayurveda’s wisdom to your daily life
- Engaging monthly content with assessments and case studies
- Knowledge direct from the classical Ayurvedic texts combined with modern interpretation, supported by research where possible
- Interactive monthly webinars with plenty of time for breakout discussions and Q&A on the month’s content
- Access to a collaborative learning community to share ideas, practical tips and learning. With 25 participants per course, you will have the opportunity to be part of a close-knit community.
- Health diaries to enable you to record your experiences – not all advice will work for everyone so what is really best for you?
- Downloadable course materials and webinar recordings
Once you have completed the Introduction to Ayurveda course, you will receive a certificate of completion, certifying your 33 hours of CPD.
This Introduction to Ayurveda course will encourage you to:
- Better connect with yourself – Ayurveda is focussed on accepting ourselves as we are, playing to our strengths and nurturing our weaknesses (BTW, lovely Oscar Wilde quote on ‘Be yourself, as everyone else is already taken…)
- Look at your friends, family and work colleagues through the ‘dosha’ lens to enable better relationships
- Connect with nature on a regular basis, to help tune into your daily circadian rhythm as well as the season
- Prepare fresh, whole foods from organic, seasonal, local foods tailored for your dosha
- See ‘food as medicine’ and explore using some of the herbs in your kitchen spice rack to make simple home remedies for common ailments
- Tailor your lifestyle, exercise and yoga practice to your dosha
- Tread more lightly on this earth and live more sustainably by adopting Ayurvedic principles.
- Live the most fulfilled life you can! Ayurveda is not about living the perfect life, but living the best life for you.
Our courses are designed for:
Dates for this Introduction to Ayurveda course are as follows:
Module 1 Module 2 Module 3 Monday 19th Sept 2022: Materials made available
Tuesday 11th Oct 18.00 – 20.00: Zoom seminar for Module 1
Monday 17th Oct: Materials made available
Tuesday 8th Nov 18.00 – 20.00: Zoom seminar for Module 2
Monday 14th Nov: Materials made available
Tuesday 6th Dec 18.00 – 20.00: Zoom seminar for Module 3
Please note that, cancellations can not be refunded within 28 days of the course start date.